Choosing the right garage door can be a challenging task especially for you are doing so for the first time. However, with the right knowledge and guideline, you can get a garage door that will function for a long time in an efficient manner. To help you make the right choice, here are some of the most effective tips for choosing the right garage door and for more info, check out the guys at GarageDoorsAtChandler.com.
Design and style
It is vital that you consider the style and design of the garage door that you want to purchase. You should not settle for the ordinary when you can afford the extraordinary. Garage doors come in wide range of colors, designs, sizes and insulation values. There are options that can complement the look of your home. If your home has a modern design, you can choose contemporary models that make a dramatic statement about your home.
It is also important to consider the color of the door that you want to purchase. The doors come in a wide range of colors and it is also possible to get customized ones depending on your specific needs. The most important thing is to look at your entire home’s architecture and look for a design that will match it well.
The number of years that your door will last will be highly determined by the material used to make it. In addition to its durability, the material used will also determine the level of maintenance your door will require. In most cases, steel doors are more durable and require occasion maintenance or cleaning. Vinyl garage doors can also last for a very long time, especially in areas with harsh environmental conditions. They are also more resistant to rust, dents and do not require to be painted. Other materials used to make the doors include wood, glass, aluminum, and others. Those made from glass and aluminum offers a sophisticated and modern look. On the other hand, the craftsmanship and beauty of wood garage doors make them unique. They offer a curb appeal to your home but require a lot of maintenance in term of staining or painting. The choice you make should be determined by durability, cost, and your personal preferences.
Most people do not focus more on the windows in the garage doors. You need to choose a door that has windows with the ability to allow natural light into a garage to make it more appealing during the daytime. A garage door with nicely designed windows also looks more appealing and will add the entire beauty of your home.
Most garage door manufacturers provide a warranty. So, it is advisable that you check a manufacturer offering the longest warranty period. The longer the warranty period, the better because it shows that the manufacturers have trust and confidence with their garage door provided. Five to ten years warranty is a significant time frame you should consider. With good warranty, you will have peace of mind that the manufacturer has confident about the construction and design of the doors they provide. In case the door fails for reasons indicated in the warranty, they will offer repair or replacement free of any charges.
You must have a well-planned budget before you start the shopping process. It is essential to perform prior research to understand the average cost of the different models of garage doors in the market. This will help you set a budget that suits the specific door you want to buy. As you consider the cost, you should consider that you will not make another purchase for many years, so it is good to avoid some cheap ones that might not last for a long time. It is better to buy the more expensive ones that will serve you for a long time and offer value for your money.
The quality of the garage door rollers, springs and hinges affect the operation and durability of your garage door. So you have to check them before you make your purchase. The rollers should have as many ball bearings as possible. The hinges should be substantial and solid, while the springs must have a warranty for at least four years. A lengthy warranty is a clue that they will last for a long time and is of high quality.
The garage doors are ordinarily the largest movable components of the home. They basically safeguard the garages and their contents from unauthorized entry and access and may also serve as emergency exits in times of disasters.
Consequently, they have to be monitored throughout the day primarily to ensure that they are locked at all times and are also inaccessible to unauthorized persons. The Skylink GM-434RTL Garage Door Monitor which forms the subject of the subsequent review is one electronic device that may be used to constantly monitor the garage doors. Special thanks to AZ Garage Pros for some useful information.
Features and Specifications
The following are the major features and specifications of this garage door monitor:
· Product Dimensions: Measures 7 inches long by 5 inches wide by 1.5 inches thick
· Product Weight: Weighs 1 pounds (0.45 kg)
· Garage door monitor set.
· Monitors the sensors and their battery conditions automatically
· Programs: Accommodates up to 16 sensors in 4 zones
· Comes with 2 in 1 Alert & Alarm Modes
· Built-in a piercing 95 dB siren
· Both audio and visual indicators
· Operating range: Up to 800 feet
· Easy to set up
· FCC/IC approved
· Expandable system
· Alerts when motion is detected.
· Audio/Visual alert indicator
· One year warranty
Prospective users stand to reap the following and indeed many more other benefits from the garage door monitor:
· High Operational Range: The gadget has a very high operational range that is estimated to be approximately 800 feet in radius. This confers added convenience to the users as well as greater degrees of satisfaction.
· Easy to Set Up: This electronic gadget is “plug-and-play” in the sense that it only needs to be plugged into the power socket and switched on to deliver its services. Users of all levels of expertise, ranging from the totally unskilled to the very skilled ones will therefore find the device quite suitable for their liking.
· Highly Versatile: The electronic device is capable of multitasking i.e. carrying out several surveillance tasks at ago such as discharging both audio and visual signals, working with up to 16 different sensors in 4 different zones, and monitoring both the sensors and the battery conditions automatically. This not only brings along greater convenience but also ensures that the device returns as high value for money to the users as possible.
· Affordable: Its cost vis-à-vis that of similar products from competing manufacturers is quite low. This combined with the fact that it is highly versatile as explained above makes it a very worthy purchase indeed.
· Compact Size: With overall dimensions measuring around 7 inches long by 5 inches wide by 1.5 inches thick and with a weight of just about 1 pounds (0.45 kg), this garage door monitor is both light and compact enough to be lifted around and deployed to the desired point of use with as minimal inconvenience as can be.
· Expandable: It may be connected to other more or less similar gadgets such as garage door sensors, door/window sensors, and water alert sensors to increase the overall range of uses into which it may be put.
· Efficient: It is very efficient insofar as the fulfillment of its role of monitoring the garage doors is concerned. This is manly brought about by the fact that its siren generates piercing sounds of around 95 decibels. This ensures that the user does not miss out on any alerts.
· Reliable: Its reliability is vouched for by the sheer fact that it is approved by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Users can therefore be rest assures of seamless operations throughout the lifetime of the device.
Below is the most notable shortcoming of this garage door monitor:
· Intricate: Inasmuch as the manufacturer has made every attempt to ensure that it is as simple and easy to use as possible, users are still required to master some intricate technical jargons and know-how to be able to operate it effectively. This requirement is disadvantageous to those users with low skills.
The search for the most suitable garage door monitor clearly ends with the encounter with the Skylink GM-434RTL Garage Door Monitor notwithstanding the aforementioned shortcoming. That’s because it is fairly cheap, easy to install, very efficient, and has a much wider range. Any serious home owner who is keen on enhancing the safety of his garage door clearly has no choice but to acquire it and make it a core part of his garage door.