Introducing The Skylink GM-434RTL Garage Door Monitor
The garage doors are ordinarily the largest movable components of the home. They basically safeguard the garages and their contents from unauthorized entry and access and may also serve as emergency exits in times of disasters.
Consequently, they have to be monitored throughout the day primarily to ensure that they are locked at all times and are also inaccessible to unauthorized persons. The Skylink GM-434RTL Garage Door Monitor which forms the subject of the subsequent review is one electronic device that may be used to constantly monitor the garage doors. Special thanks to AZ Garage Pros for some useful information.
Features and Specifications
The following are the major features and specifications of this garage door monitor:
· Product Dimensions: Measures 7 inches long by 5 inches wide by 1.5 inches thick
· Product Weight: Weighs 1 pounds (0.45 kg)
· Garage door monitor set.
· Monitors the sensors and their battery conditions automatically
· Programs: Accommodates up to 16 sensors in 4 zones
· Comes with 2 in 1 Alert & Alarm Modes
· Built-in a piercing 95 dB siren
· Both audio and visual indicators
· Operating range: Up to 800 feet
· Easy to set up
· FCC/IC approved
· Expandable system
· Alerts when motion is detected.
· Audio/Visual alert indicator
· One year warranty
Prospective users stand to reap the following and indeed many more other benefits from the garage door monitor:
· High Operational Range: The gadget has a very high operational range that is estimated to be approximately 800 feet in radius. This confers added convenience to the users as well as greater degrees of satisfaction.
· Easy to Set Up: This electronic gadget is “plug-and-play” in the sense that it only needs to be plugged into the power socket and switched on to deliver its services. Users of all levels of expertise, ranging from the totally unskilled to the very skilled ones will therefore find the device quite suitable for their liking.
· Highly Versatile: The electronic device is capable of multitasking i.e. carrying out several surveillance tasks at ago such as discharging both audio and visual signals, working with up to 16 different sensors in 4 different zones, and monitoring both the sensors and the battery conditions automatically. This not only brings along greater convenience but also ensures that the device returns as high value for money to the users as possible.
· Affordable: Its cost vis-à-vis that of similar products from competing manufacturers is quite low. This combined with the fact that it is highly versatile as explained above makes it a very worthy purchase indeed.
· Compact Size: With overall dimensions measuring around 7 inches long by 5 inches wide by 1.5 inches thick and with a weight of just about 1 pounds (0.45 kg), this garage door monitor is both light and compact enough to be lifted around and deployed to the desired point of use with as minimal inconvenience as can be.
· Expandable: It may be connected to other more or less similar gadgets such as garage door sensors, door/window sensors, and water alert sensors to increase the overall range of uses into which it may be put.
· Efficient: It is very efficient insofar as the fulfillment of its role of monitoring the garage doors is concerned. This is manly brought about by the fact that its siren generates piercing sounds of around 95 decibels. This ensures that the user does not miss out on any alerts.
· Reliable: Its reliability is vouched for by the sheer fact that it is approved by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Users can therefore be rest assures of seamless operations throughout the lifetime of the device.
Below is the most notable shortcoming of this garage door monitor:
· Intricate: Inasmuch as the manufacturer has made every attempt to ensure that it is as simple and easy to use as possible, users are still required to master some intricate technical jargons and know-how to be able to operate it effectively. This requirement is disadvantageous to those users with low skills.
The search for the most suitable garage door monitor clearly ends with the encounter with the Skylink GM-434RTL Garage Door Monitor notwithstanding the aforementioned shortcoming. That’s because it is fairly cheap, easy to install, very efficient, and has a much wider range. Any serious home owner who is keen on enhancing the safety of his garage door clearly has no choice but to acquire it and make it a core part of his garage door.